Homemade Fermented Salsa Recipe
A huge thank you to @candidketones for the terrific recipe! Be sure to check her out on Instagram for more keto inspiration!
Thank you @paulgaldi for the original music for this video!
- 1 lb Grape tomatoes
- 1 fresh Habanero pepper (omit if you want a very mild salsa)
- 1 fresh Serrano pepper (swap for a jalapeño if you want a very mild salsa)
- 1 small white onion
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Fennel
- Fresh cilantro
- Rough chop your onion. Cut the stems off the peppers. Peel the garlic.
- Heat a pan on high heat and add the tomatoes, peppers, onion, and garlic to cook for about 2 minutes. Stir frequently so your ingredients get a nice char but do not burn.
- Put all ingredients into an airtight bag and add your seasonings. It’s important to put the amount of salt listed in the recipe as it will aid the fermentation process.
- Squeeze out as much air from your baggie as possible. Place bag in a neutral location that won’t receive sunlight and let the ingredients ferment.
- After about 5 days, dump all contents of your bag, including the juices, into a blender. Blend together to your desired thickness.
- Put your salsa in a serving container and pair with your favorite flavor of BeyondChipz for a low-carb, keto friendly chips and salsa experience!
Have leftovers? Store in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Don’t want to wait? Skip the fermentation process and blend up your ingredients immediately after you sear them. It's still a very tasty salsa!